Now that the court has ordered OC Superintendent of Education Bill Habermehl to end his ludicrous attempt stop counting the Anaheim Union High School District special election petition signatures, it's off to the races for the Feb. 5 special election.
Jordan Brandman is already running hard for the seat, with a big name-heavy fundraiser set for November 7 at JT Schmid's in Anaheim.
The bipartisan host committee for the young Democrat includes:
- Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle
- Orange County-Clerk Recorder Tom Daly
- Anaheim Councilwoman Lorri Galloway
- Former Secretary of Education Marian Bergeson
- Anaheim Union High School Trustee Anna Piercy
- OC Board of Education Member Alexandria Coronado
- Former Cypress Mayor Mike McGill
- Former OC Supervisor Bill Steiner
- Former Assemblyman Tom Umberg
- Buena Park Councilman Art Brown
- Former Assemblywoman Marilyn Brewer
- Former La Palma Mayor Kenneth Blake